Sunday, March 3, 2013

TVB Weekly Issue 819: The busier Kevin Cheng is, the more stylish he gets



Commuting between Hong Kong and China, Kevin will be "meeting" TVB's audiences again with China's production Ip Man.

TVB King Kevin Cheng has been spending most of his time in China in recent years. Recently he took some time off to return to Hong Kong to take still shots for Squina health products for which he has been an spokesperson for for many years.

Although he has been so busy, he hasn't the time to go for a break, but he still looks perfect, his eyes still full of spirit. His secret is exercising regularly with the help of health supplements. Even more unusual is, the Kevin Cheng today does not look very different from the Kevin Cheng 7 years ago but is more manly now and more stylish.



It has been reported that actors are able to have longer hours of rest everyday in China as compared to TVB. Kevin says he works 12 hours on average daily, which is not considered long and will get at least 6-8 hours of sleep. "Luckily I'm getting enough rest which is why I am able to accept so many jobs. Otherwise at my age, it will not be possible to handle!"

In fact at 43 years, Kevin does not look his age at all. It is as though he has taken youthful pil which locks his looks at a much younger him. When he was praised, Kevin smiled and revealed: "When I was in China, people from the North asked me as well why Hong Kong people seem to grow old slower? I think the weather is the main reason. The weather up North is a lot colder and very dry. It is cold air outdoors and very heated by heaters indoors. I have to constantly keep myself moist and uses the mask everyday."

"Apart from that, I exercise regularly and I consume health supplements. My blood pressure is also on the high side which is hereditary, so I do have to watch what I eat. I take many small meals and I have to keep my food on the light side - less oil, less salt and less sugar. Whatever it is, I am in my 40's. I can feel the difference now and 10 years ago. My metabolic rate has reduced significantly so my advice is to start taking health supplements early in life."

Having been taking Squina supplements for the past 7, 8 years Kevin admits that the supplements have helped him a lot. 

"The eyes are the window to your soul so I doubt I will need to stress on the importance of the eyes. I am lucky to be able to maintain my eyesight these couple of years plus I take Squina's Bilberry Extract Super for my eyes. They don't tire so easily now and the red veins are also gone. One of the ingredients is also to slow down eyesight deterioration." 

Kevin continues to say that as an actor, eyes are very important because during shooting, you use the eyes to communicate to the other person especially during moments where there are no dialogue. "One expression of the eye can express all emotions. Many a times, we do have to use our eyes to act which takes a lot more effort than usual which is why I do my best to take care of my eyes." No wonder he always looks so energetic.

An actor apart from having good acting skills must also have good memory especially when it's period dramas where it involves long scholastic verses, it will take a lot more time to memorize the dialogues. Kevin admitted that he has always hated memorizing ever since he was a kid but now that he's accepting more and more period dramas, memorising dialogues have to be quick and accurate.

Is it tough? Kevin replied confidently: "Memorising dialogues are not longer difficult for me. I think the DHA ingredient in Squina's product really helped me because this product contains that boosts memory and focus. I don't have to spend a lot of time now to memorise these dialogues. As a result, I get more time to rest and will naturally be more energetic!"

Kevin continues to say that as an actor, you don't only have to play your part, there are a lot of other things that an actor has to watch out for. For example, lighting, emotions, the story before and after the current one, and at times even your opponent's dialogue. There are a lot to remember everyday so one must maintain a clear head. "To be honest, now that my memory has improved, a lot has become easier for me now."

"I believe in acting you need to accumulate experience. Health is the same. When I am old one day, I want to be able to eat, walk, see and remember."


2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your hard work translation, I read your blog everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Exactly your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete