Friday, December 28, 2012

Star Magazine Issue 47: Looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with


8th Prince in "Scarlet Heart" is a gentleman while Kevin Cheng in real life, when doing interviews, is humble and will even volunteer to hold on to the recorder. For someone who is so popular now, there is not a hint of arrogance.

As TVB's first line-up, KC is also a favourite of famous brand-names. In real life, KC is very meticulous about how he dresses up. "When I am in suits, I prefer to accessorise with a little bling bling. I also love to Swarokski's series which will go well with my leather jackets.

Speaking of maintaining his looks, KC who turned 42 this year says: "I'm no longer young. I definitely have to maintain and I do have a daily beauty routine." KC has never knew how to go about taking care of his skin: "I never used to put on any facial mask in the past but I found out that men is not spared from these routines when I notice that Andy Lau is also using facial masks." At this point, he started laughing.

Not only does he not have a hint of wrinkle on his pretty face, KC has also maintained his body very well. He does not have the usual middle-age bump. From this slim figure, you will never guess that KC has an extremely sweet tooth - he loves everything sweet - ice-cream, chocolates - he loves them all. He loves them so much that he will have his ice-cream everyday whenever he is back in Hong Kong. "In order to keep my figure, I too will try to cut down on the sugar and salt. I exercise regularly as well. It is through a combination of exercise and proper diet that one stays healthy.

Kevin hurt himself while shooting Ip Man a couple of months back and had his fans all worried. But he said "Actually I don't think it's a big deal. All action stars have injured themselves one way or another at least once in their career. I don't think I will be deterred to play any of such roles in the future. A little scar here and there will make me even more man!"

Kevin loves to challenge himself to greater heights including taking up the role of Ip Man this time, "I love to challenge different kind of roles. Like Ip Man, it is something I have never done before. Law Ba is also another of such role and same goes to 8th Prince. A lot of people have told me that 8th Prince in Scarlet Heart is a very difficult character to portray because a lot of people have read the novel. You either make it or you don't. So it was challenging for me because I needed to make sure I give it my all and bring the best out of the character."

Regarding TVB's Best Actor award this year, Kevin says "I am not confident this year. I didn't spend a lot of time in Hong Kong this year so I don't think it's right for me to garner votes from the public. I think Kenneth Ma has a high chance of winning the title this year. Wayne Lai is always a favourite. But because public is also allowed to vote this year, Raymond Lam and Bosco Wong will stand a very high chance as well because of their huge fan base."

But you have a big following too! "Just don't let me lose too terribly. If I don't get a single vote, I won't be able to take it."

On the topic of love, Kevin has the same expectations as all middle-age men - mature, stable and rationale.

"Humans have different expectations towards love at different stages of their life. At this stage, I am looking for a partner in life who will be willing to start a family with me and grow old together with me for the rest of our lives. Some say the person you love the most might not be the one you marry. To me, that is because the timing wasn't right. Maybe at the time when you met your true love appeared in your life, you weren't ready to get married so you end up going separate ways. That's where I think the saying came from. I am at the stage where I am looking for a life-partner." Although he did not reveal or hint if he has found that partner but KC's reply should be able to give her security.

Work wise, Kevin has not stopped. His first TV series as a producer is already being written. "If everything goes well, shooting will begin later part of 2013." Although Scarlet Heart 2 has not started shooting, KC who began his career as a singer has not allowed himself to stop completely, his new album is in the works. He is finally singing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment