Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Experience: Receiving Kevin @ Changi Airport, Singapore 18 Aug 2012

Finally my turn to be able to receive Kevin! He kept his flight details very secret but the few of us kept in touch with fans all over trying to find out his flight details. Eventually, Elyn from Singapore got news that he was spotted in Shanghai airport at around 12+am this morning (18 August 2012) and, really appreciate it, she texted telling me the exact flight which Kevin was on. 

There was only 2 possible flights which Kevin will be on and a third which was had a slim chance so even if the news didn't come, I would have tried my luck at the airport anyway. 

I am first going to share the pictures sent by Elyn. My own will be uploaded later - I actually did not take that many because I was really talking to him, studying him but I managed to get one with him.

There was about 14 fans who turned up at the airport. The reason why Kevin have requested for his flight to be kept a secret is because he was arriving at 6am at Changi Airport Singapore. His flight actually earlier than scheduled at 5.20am and thank God most of us were already there. We noticed 2 security personnels and a lady whom I was told is from StarHub - the main event organizer for tonight's StarHub TVB Awards. We knew we came to the right place and waiting for the right person. 

At around 5.30am, I noticed a silhouette inside the belt area - a very slim (maybe thin) and good height man with a cap. It was too far away so it is not possible to see the facial features but I was looking at his sides then back. Of so many passengers arriving and waiting for their luggages at the belt, he caught my attention. Fans at that time didn't notice him at all because he was just too far away. Anyway, I know then that was Kelvin and alerted the other fans. 2 of us walked up to the glass doors and started snapping pictures - max out our zooms. My sister who went to the airport with me actually said the girl from StarHub asked the security why are we snapping photos already. Obviously she didn't notice Kevin is already waiting at the belt. 

After awhile, there he is - walking out pushing his trolley out of the glass doors. The first thing he said when he us was "Thank you all for coming but this is too early. Way too early. How did you know? I told them not to tell!" He sounded tired and he sounded guilty that we are that at that unearthly hour. For awhile, all he could utter was "It's too early man" All in English - he speaks with a strong American accent in perfect English, which kinda took me by surprise because the only times I hear him speaking a word or two of English are all in the TV series he was in and none of them sounded like how he spoke this morning. 

Security whisked him away very quickly. I asked for a picture. He smiled and said "I look like shit!" I said "No you don't!" He turned back as he was walking "Yes I do!" The security said "Too early" I said "OK understand" He turned again and said "Can we do the picture tonight when I look better - not crap?" I smiled "Of course" He said he didn't sleep at all - he had scenes to film today, went straight to the airport and didn't sleep on the plane. He's extremely tired and he said he looks like crap. 

When we got to the van which was already waiting while they were loading his luggages, he actually stood there to speak to us. He asked if all of us will be there tonight? He said he will try to arrange a photo session with us then. All of us agreed. And again, he kept saying it is too early in the morning for us to be there. Then he boarded the van. As he did that, all of us remained at the scene, chatting and looking at each other's pictures. 

Suddenly, there was a light in the van again - he opened the door of the van. He stepped out and said "You still want pictures? Let's do it in case I am not able to do pictures later." Isn't he just sooooo nice!!!?????

I walked forward first to have my pictures taken then my sister. Subsequently it was a blur for me because I was busy checking the pictures but I think there were 2 others who went forward to get a pic with him. Then he left. 

Kevin was extremely nice - he doesn't look a bit crap. If he looked crap then, I really cannot imagine how he looks like if he's looking good! I finally understand what they mean when other fans say that he's extremely nice to fans and takes good care of them. He was friendly and apologetic. He accedes to our requests if he can. 

Kevin, see you in a couple of hours :)











5 comments:

  1. Kevin is way too nice man :) How envy you guys had the opportunity to take a picture with him! Anyway, thanks muchie for updating everything about him :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure :)

      He is really a very nice man. Pictures are coming up so keep a look out. I'm just too tired and had to take the whole day yesterday to rest! I will also be updating my experience of seeing him off at the airport the same night :)

      Delete
  2. Hey I just passed by this site and wanted to leave a message :) You're so lucky to meet Kevin Cheng!! Haha I did not know that he knows English :) He's so nice to return and take pictures with you guys ;)

    This site is very nice! Keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally.....how is the Starhub event u manage to tell him u make this sites for him?? He should know that...... He so sweet as usual that's why more n more fans adore him...
    I wanna see ur pic n him!!! Nice coorporate with fans at shanghai u guys *two thumb ups"! Haha he sure shocked like hell that ur guys there early morning......*salute :P
    Those 14 is all ur buddies? Those who wake up as early as u .... ^_^ u sure very happy I bet Ann :D happy for u too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no! Those 14 are just fans of KC and we met there!

      Yes, he was really shocked to see us there and he was so guilty to see us there too. He was very very apologetic about not being able to take pictures with us as well :( He kept saying sorry sorry sorry......

      I will upload pictures of the night soon - I took yesterday to rest and recover. Only slept 3 hours on Saturday - rushing to airport, go home, go Starhub and airport again to see him off :)

      I didn't manage to tell him about this site because very rush but I managed to write him a note and told him about this website. I know he put it in his back pocket but did he read it when he went into the waiting area, I don't know......

      I very very happy too!! FINALLY!

      Delete