Saturday, August 25, 2012

Article & Pictures: Snippet from Figaro Interview (Translated)

Mainland China's magazine - Kevin did the photoshoot and interview back in July if you remember. 12 pages of pictures plus interview. I will upload the full interview once I have it - waiting for a friend who has the magazine to scan it to us. 


MF: In a short time you have mentioned "kids" many times.....

Kevin: I love kids. Sometimes, my mind will start wondering - I want to see my daughter grow up, bring her for swimming classes, at 13 when guys start to date her, I will beat up the boy......these sort of stuff. (MF: No wonder you don't have time to sleep....) A family is complete only when you have children. I love boys as well but for girls, after 13, I will start to get worried. But at least I have 13 years of joy.

MF: The relationship between father and daughter is really.....not something an outsider can understand.

Kevin: I hope to give her the best. Give her the best, plan for her. I will buy her funds in case I am no longer in this world, she will still have something to fall back on....I think of such things. When there's time I will start thinking......(starts to blabber about this for a long time "what a wonderful feeling it would to see her grow up" etc etc - saving 200 words in this article)

MF: Whoever marries you should be so lucky!

Kevin: I certainly hope so. I will do my best and play my part but I'm worried that my wife will get jealous - jealous of my daughter. 

MF: Hey, you are thinking too much and too far. First you need to get a wife then have a daughter.

Kevin: Hehe....you're right. We'll see what happens when I find one.


MF: What are your work plans now?

Kevin: I hope to be able to rest for a period. Have not gone on a proper holiday for a long time. The best way to relax is not having to need to think about anything, read books, watch DVDs - total relaxation. I love the sun, lying under the sun - total relaxation. Even thinking of it is total happiness.

I don't want to stop getting excited filming, not enjoying the process. I am going into such a state now - beginning not to enjoy the process of filming, feeling very tired. My routine is the same everyday - read the script, filming, rush home to sleep, sleep on the plane. If I get to get off work an hour earlier, I get to sleep an hour more. No life at all, only work. I miss friends' weddings in Hong Kong. I only get to see my mom once in a couple of months just enough time to take her out for a meal before I jet off again. I love filming in Mainland China. At least I get enough sleep and have the time to really think how I want to play the character. TVB is really fast pace. A lot of times I wish to be able to put more into the character but time doesn't permit.

MF: Before the interview, we initiated a poll on Weibo microblogging site. Fans wants to see you release a compilation of photos and have your own concert.

Kevin: Concerts - I will need to release an album and see the reaction first. I don't people to attend the concert because of me. I want them to attend the concert for the songs. Personal photo album......nah.....is it those that require me to take off my shirt? Every TV drama requires me to remove my shirt! (MF: Because you can!.....) Everytime I see a script, I realise there will be scenes which requires me to remove a piece of clothing.....Ghetto Justice 2, I had to walk on the streets in just my boxers. Crowd on the streets actually started going crazy taking pictures of me in boxers with their mobile phones. Everybody was like "Hey it's Kevin Cheng! Only in boxers!"

MF: A lot of people think that you are exceptionally good looking.....

Kevin: I think so too! Hahahaha...Nah just joking. Some people love green tea, some love coffee. I happen to be some people's cup of tea that's all. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment