Friday, August 2, 2013

MR Grooming: Kevin's Key to Skin Perfection

Successful men are always deemed as the aim and motivation for people in the working class. Kevin Cheng has extreme patience with his career and he always look good when he appears in the public. For someone who has crossed 40 years and still look 30 must have his own secrets. Let us now try tot find out what his secrets are to looking young.


M: You have just mentioned that you will be shuttling between Hong Kong and Taiwan to prepare your album. After that you will be in KL and Singapore for work again. Having make up on plus being in the air for long periods, can you share your daily beauty routine?

KC: Although my work schedule now is packed but whenever I have time I will allow my skin to rest. Basically my cleansing and make up removal routines are very thorough. I will definitely use oil based make up remover and I will repeat the removal step twice. After that I will remove what is left of the make up and the remover with a cleansing milk. You will feel the lightness of your skin if that is done correctly. I will then hydrate my skin especially now when I spend most of my time up North. I notice people up North have deeper lines because the air is too dry. Hong Kong is surrounded by the sea so we have rather high humidity which helps to keep the moisture. I remember there was a time when I was shooting in China and the air in the hotel was so dry that my nose started to bleed so I make sure that I have a air humidifier in my room whenever I'm in China.

M: There is a saying that if the lady is fair skin, that is enough to cover 3 defects. Do yours cover being tan?

KC: Actually I play tennis so I can't avoid getting a tan plus I love going under the sun. The sad thing is in the process of getting a healthy skin colour, you are also exposed to harmful UVA and UVB which will age your skin. Sunscreen is extremely important now. 

M: Being constantly exposed to the camera, how do you ensure that your skin is in its best form?

KC: I have oily skin so even after applying make up, the oil is still very visible which makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. I am using products which controls the shine which has helped a lot. 

M: You don't usually get enough sleep, do you have any quick rescue tips for the skin which you can share?

KC: Lack of sleep is practically unavoidable in my situation especially when I'm shooting. I usually use my mask 15-20 minutes before applying make up. The result is almost immediate. Brightening serum for men can help to brighten the skin and moisturise the skin. It will allow the make up to stay better. Even this, I will make sure that after the day's done, I will apply my mask again.

M: Let's say you are asked to work in the dessert, what are the 3 skincare products which you will bring with you?

KC: Definitely my mask, cleanser and SK2's men serum.


3 comments:

  1. hi! can we be friend? i would really wanted to attend Kevin's event but somehow i didn know how to get his news. when posted here the event incurred. I am from malaysia and really wish if i could have the chance to meet him in person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Sure we can! You can also get all his events on this website - I update the moment I receive any information of any upcoming events. Kevin doesn't come by very often to this part of the world but I still will post overseas events in case any readers might visit the place during that time.

      There will not be anymore events in Malaysia this year, as of now.

      Delete
  2. I miss the OneU event. I am so sad. I didn know he is here actually. Know it only when he already back HK. I only see him once in my life. LOL

    ReplyDelete